Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

NOTD: Julep Maggie with Spectraflair Holographic Topcoat

Today I'm sharing my nail of the day, Julep Maggie. Maggie is a deep blue-purple with blue and purple shimmer. It appears more blue indoors and the purple is more obvious in the sunlight. I only needed 2 coats to make it opaque. The formula is great on this one and the colors are very concentrated.


Here's a pic indoors. It appears more blue and the shimmer is not as obvious. I have very slight tip wear because this is day 2 of my mani.

For fun I decided to take it up a notch and added a Spectraflair topcoat (1/2 bottle of Wet N' Wild clear polish and a pea size of Spectraflair). I love the result! I've been lemming DS Glamour since forever and surprisingly this came out really close. There is a trick to applying Spectraflair. If it's applied too thickly it changes the color of the base to more appear more silver. Only a very thin layer is needed to create the holo effect.


Here you can see the thicker layer of Spectraflair on the index finger changed the base to appear more silver. I used a lighter layer on the other fingers which added a holo without overwhelming the base color. So the other nails remained blue after the topcoat was added.

This was a fun and easy way to jazz up my mani. So far I've only tried it over blue but I would imagine it would look great over several colors.

What Spectraflair color combinations have you tried?













16 comments:

  1. What an amazing holo topcoat! This makes me really want to cave an buy some of those spectraflair pigments... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie is so lovely but once you applied spectraflair oh boy it's super gorgeous. My lazy butt haven't experience using specktra flair yet. Lol! I must real soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sharon! It is pretty awesome. The only thing I would recommend is using safety techniques when mixing it up. You'll also need steel nail polish balls to mix the pigment which tends to sink to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @RmCandlelight, lol. I had the pigment for a about month before I tried to use it. Then I didn't have polish balls for another 2 months. It's been a long time coming but I finally got a good topcoat :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing! I need to get my hands on this pigment! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazeballs!!!! I love it by itself and with the TC too. It's just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color, that's pretty good for two days iys hardly noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this combination is amazing!
    i'm a sucker when it comes to holografic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies!

    @Beauxs Mom It held up pretty well.

    @Cris, Jess & Danny. SF is most amazing! I'm gonna try it with more colors before the Fall is over.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails