Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 Day Challenge - Day 3 Inspired by a Book



Oh boy, this challenge doesn't waste any time. Day 3 is inspired by a book.

I wasn't so sure what to do about this one because the only books I've read lately are required readings and I was pretty sure you guys didn't want to see a science or biology manicure. So far this
mani I kept it light and based it off of the Nieman Marcus Christmas Book. I saw the cover and fell in love with the melody of butterflies. Here's what I came up with.


And here's the book cover. I thought it was very glam.

To create the mani I started with a white base and stamped with Konad pink (barely visible). Then stamped the ring finger with Bundle Monster image plate 205 and applied random Konad butterflies on the other nails using plate M36. I used acrylic paints to add color.



I hope you like what I came up with. Thanks for stopping by!






















14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how it came out!! Such a good job, first I thought those were nail stickers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! They way you filled them in with acrylic paint is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, i like the way the butterflies were filled in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! The pink really adds interest, too, even though it's so subtle. Also, wanted you to know I linked to your blog in my latest post. You inspired my latest "hand poses" for the manicure photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh this mani is sooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coooool! I'm bias to butterflies. I adore them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails