Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Revlon Nail Art Chalkboard Polish - Review and Swatches






The other day I stumbled upon the new Revlon Chalkboard polishes. I grabbed 2 because they were BOGO 50% and I had CVS Bucks, which made them free :)  There are a total of 8 colors in the collection. I choose orange (Study Date) and mint (Spring Break) because I thought the colors would work well together.  They come in a duo with a black matte polish on one side and a pastel color on the opposite side.  The black is more of a satin finish, not really matte, and it applied smoothly with 2 coats. 

I did love the formula on the black polish, I just wish there was more.  There is a total of 0.26 fl oz, which is about half the size of a regular nail polish. I would guess you could get a good 5 manicures out of the bottle, because I could feel the formula thickening up on me as I progressed.  These types of polish bottles are cute to look at, but can be problematic for storing and may cause possible leaks.

The opposing colors (peach and green) wear easy to work and did stand out against the contrast of black. I do wish the nail art brush was a little thinner to allow finer details. I found it to be slightly bulky.


The wear of the polish is not the best, I have a lot of tip-wear and it's only day one.  However, I am wearing gel nails, so I'm not sure if that contributed to the problem or not. 

Overall, I love the idea. It's a cute novelty polish which captures the back-to-school spirit. I also love the color selection, which is all pastels, with the exception of white. I do believe these would be a great gift idea for a teacher who's into nail polish, but they are on the pricier side.  At $9 a bottle you can probably create a similar manicure using existing polishes in your stash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails