Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Zoya Zenith Holiday Collection 2013 - Swatches and Review



Hello beauties! I'm super excited to present the Zoya Holiday Winter Collection to you today. The are some stunners in here for sure. Enough talk, on to the swatches.



Mosheen
Sheer base that combines iridescent and blue microglitter, with sparse micro-bar glitter throughout. This was quite a surprise. Don't worry the bar glitter doesn't scream or look at all similar to the feather polishes out there.  It's barely visible and has more of a sophisticated flare. I used 1 coat over Belinda. The combination is gorgeous together. Mosheen will also look great over other dark bases. 

Seraphina
Pearly-silver shimmer with an almost frosty hue that reminds me of melted snow. I remember ribbons and bows from the Holiday season that sport this hue. The formula is on the thinner side and I had to apply 3 thin coats. Pretty but not quite suitable for my skin tone. 

Cassedy
Smokey metallic green shimmer. It looks green in some lights but grey in others. This is the smokey sister to Seraphina. The formula is similar and but it only required 2 coats. I didn't think I was going to like this one at first, but upon second glance it almost looks 2-dimensional due to the silver shimmer peaking through.  This is an interesting choice for the Holiday but I like it. 

Belinda
Deep violet with pink shimmer throughout that helps the polish glow. This is also an interesting choice. I love deep hues for the Holiday but would probably sport this one during the Halloween Season. Nothing like a change from the norm to awaken your senses. Smooth formula that applied with 2 coats of the brush. 

Payton
Wine colored scattered holographic that flashes a hint of gold.  First of all, I'm sourly disappointed this couldn't have been named after me. Second, I am in LOVE with this polish. I flipped when I saw Dream, but I swooned when I saw Payton in person. This is the must have from the collection. Not your usual polish for the Holiday Season, but will definitely wow most polish lovers. I effortlessly applied 2 coats. 

Dream
This is hot, well technically it's cool, but it's smokin'. A cobalt blue infused with holographic glitter.  I didn't want to take it off but I had to continue with swatches. Love, love, love!


All of the polishes applied smoothly with 2 coats, except Seraphina which needed 3 coats. The colors are not what you typically see during the Holiday Season. At first glance I was wondering why Zoya choose such unorthodox shades, but when I put them on I was pleasantly surprised. Say hello to the new Holiday shades for 2013! I won't be waiting until December to sport these bad girls.

Overall this collection is unusual but hot for the Holiday. My favorites from the set are Payton and Dream. I also like Mosheen but it has somewhat of a strange odor that fades when dry.

The Zoya Zenith Collection will be available October 1, 2013 at Zoya.com.  The polishes retail for $8.00 (US) each.




~ Provided by Zoya for an honest review ~







2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails