Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

OPI Sheer Tints 2014 - Swatches and Review

Hello everyone! Today I have the new OPI Sheer Tint's to share with you. The collection is composed of 4 sheer jelly polishes.  I would say they are even more sheer than jellies, hence the name.  They add just a touch of color to your nails. The shine is strong since the colors are so sheer. The formula is interesting and almost gooey. I had a couple of strings of polish linger after it was applied.  


I'm Never Amberrassed - sheer amber that came across more yellow next to my skin.  I think this is my least favorite from the bunch due to lack of contrast. I'm sure it will look better against other skin tones. I used 2 coats. 

Be Magentale With Me - very pretty pink/magenta sheer. My favorite from the collection. I did have to use 3 coats though.

Don't Violet Me Down - gorgeous violet sheer. My ring finger smeared, probably because I didn't let the polish dry between coats. I used 3 coats. here. This is my second favorite.

 I Can Teal You Like Me - came across more blue against my skin tone, but I can definitely see the green.  I used 3 coats again.  


The colors are perfect for Spring and Summer. You can create some pretty interesting effects by layering glitters and stamping designs. I may try a few layering designs I've seen done in the past. OPI suggests to use them alone or as a top coat to add color and dimension.

If you're wondering the sheers are not as intense as other jelly polishes I own. With previous polishes I was able to get them pretty opaque with 4 coats, but I believe the sheers will take at least 5. As mentioned above, the formula is gooey and should be allowed to dry between coats. I believe that's why my Violet nail smeared. Overall I really like this collection and can't wait to play with them more. My favorites are Dont' Violet Me Down and Be Magentale With Me

 I don't have a release date for the Sheer's but hopefully they will be available soon!





~Provided by PR for an honest review~




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails